FORUMS » Art Talk » Carl Roth Art Associates New York

Main
  Art Talk
  go

[ Report abuse ]   [ Post your reply ]
I am also looking for information on Carl Roth. Any luck on previous inquiries?
posted 8/17/2004 1:34:00 AM by Dan Grimes

My husband (also named Carl Roth) and I have a painting by a Carl Roth. On the back is a label containing the following: "This is a Genuine Oil Painting painted entirely by hand. The artists name is Carl Roth (handwritten). At the bottom of that is the name Art Associates - New York City.
I would like to know more about this painter if you know anything.
Thanks!
E-mail: ednaroth@cox.net
posted 5/9/2005 2:35:00 PM by Edna Roth

I also have two small paintings with the same inscription by Carl Roth, and two with the same label / inscription by Eric Linnell... would love to find out more
E-mail: raalex@comcast.net
posted 5/22/2005 1:11:00 PM by Renee

WOW!!!! i thought i was the only one with carl roth paintings! same as you guys...all have tags from
AR7 Associates, New York City.
either signed by roth or stamped with his name... original frames...a friend says they're probably late 1940's- early '50's... this would be right-about the time my mom lived in bridgeport CT. i'd calll mine pastoral-farm scenes..what do you all got? mine seem to be ment to be sold as a set....
E-mail: mmaki10555@hotmail.com
posted 6/1/2005 6:25:00 AM by martha maki

ooooppppsss! addendum to my previous post:
after getting the pictures into good light & doning my reading glasses...the labels all say "art associates, new york city" sorry about that. :)
posted 6/1/2005 6:48:00 AM by martha maki

I have two small oil paintings with the inscription "Linnell." On the back it says painted by hand and the artist is Eric Linnell by Art Associates---New York City. I would like to find out more about these paintings if anyone has any knowledge about them. mozwv@yahoo.com
E-mail: mozwv@yahoo.com
posted 6/5/2005 9:52:00 PM by mozwv

Found similar 6" x 8" oil original at the local flea market. original frame, paid $3.00 for it! artist: Carl Roth, Art Associates of New York. Scene of flowing stream and birch trees in fall color. May be one of us will have to quiz Antiques Roadshow and see what the experts know of the mysterious Carl Roth. One website I pulled off of google talks about a Carl Roth and wife Emma coming over from Germany 40 years ago, who produced some treasured jewelry creations. Could be the same fellow.
J.S.
E-mail: sernja_2000@yahoo.com
posted 6/6/2005 12:52:00 PM by sernja_2000

who wants to volunteer to stand in line at one of those
road show cattle calls? lord knows they don't come anywhere near where i live! maybe i'll try our local antique show.
heard one of the road show guys say that if we generate enough interest in this, it may become worth lots of $$'s!!
a guy that my hubby knows-who owns a part time antique store-said maybe someone should go EBAY with this stuff. ya' never know!
now i'm beggining to wonder how many other artists this "gallery" sponsered/employed.
wish my mom was around to give me details......
the paintings are pretty & have lots of sentimental value....but i got a kid to put thru 2 more years of college, too!!!
posted 6/10/2005 6:19:00 AM by marhta maki

i found this site....says he's an art associate in NYC...does apraisals & stuff like that... waiting for a reply....
maybe someone could snap a digial pic of the stuff they have & send it along to him? i don't have a camera, let alone a digital one!!!!
email to:info@otoole-ewald.com
htp://www.ooole-ewald.com
thanks, martha maki
posted 6/10/2005 6:40:00 AM by martha maki

I have some of those paintings by Carl Roth. My father passed and I saved them. He got them from his grandmother when she passed. I would like to know more information if there is some available. Thanks, JT.
E-mail: thatgirljai@yahoo.com
posted 6/4/2006 12:04:00 AM by Jai Taylor

I also have several floral paintings signed by Eric Linnell and some by Frank Linnell - Art Associates
NY,NY. Has anyone received info re these artists ?

Thanks..Rick
E-mail: rickpat52@msn.com
posted 6/9/2006 3:49:00 PM by Rick

I have two paintings by Carl. One is of people walking on th beach with sailboats in the background and the other is a lighthouse scene...they really are very beatiful---it's a shame there is little information on this artist...
E-mail: eric_digiulio@boces.monroe.edu
posted 6/11/2006 3:36:00 PM by Eric

I bought a beautiful Carl Roth oil painting, in its original frame, at an old antiques store in Lagrange, GA. I then went on ebay and found 2 more, also in original frames, which I purchased.

I can't seem to find anything on this artist, either.
E-mail: dianammartin1@yahoo.com
posted 6/16/2006 4:32:00 PM by Diana

I too have two small paintings by Eric Linnell. They are frim the Art Group in new York. Has any value been determined?? Let me know
E-mail: gigiclo1@hotmail.com
posted 8/22/2006 6:28:00 AM by sharon adams

I also have a small canvas oil painting by Carl Roth in its original frame. From what I dug up, Carl Roth was known mainly for his still life paintings.( flowers, fruit)
The painting I have was done somewhere between 1890-1920. C Roth was born somewhere in the mid 1850''s if my info is correct. If anyone finds info on this artist, please share with all of us who have aquired his artwork.
E-mail: mjdl94@yahoo.com
posted 2/27/2007 10:50:00 AM by Bill Brown

I have an original painting by artist Carl Roth and would like to know something about the artist to determine a value, if any, of the painting. It is an original oil painting with the label and his signature on the back. Would you be able to provide information to me.
E-mail: kmeloy@adobe.com
posted 3/9/2007 12:32:00 PM by Karen Meloy

I also have a pair of small original oil paintings (I think from the ''40s) with the "Genuine Oil Painting Painted Entirely By Hand." inscription on the back. The artist is N.S. Key (signed both front and back). Any information at all on these?
E-mail: lth@lhaworld.com
posted 4/30/2007 7:20:00 PM by Leslie Harrold

I too have a "Genuine Oil Painting painted entirely by hand on canvas." The artist''s name is J. Cole. The sticker is labeled Art Associates-New York City.There is apaper price tag upper right hand corner that says 400-71 BC0 6.95. I got it a a rummage sale. Wondering if it might be by J. Foxcroft Cole. It is a seascape with sailboats and is signed Cole in lower left hand corner. The mystery continues....
E-mail: roho159@hotmail.com
posted 5/18/2007 2:44:00 PM by R. Holland

Like many of you folks, I, too, have two paintings by Carl Roth with the same labels. I was going through some of my deceased mother''s belongings. We have held onto these paintings for many years. I assume they were painted before my birth in 1960. If anyone has any information on the artist, please let me know. Thank you!
E-mail: spahkles1@cox.net
posted 8/28/2007 5:43:00 PM by Linda DiBiasio

also inherited a small brown oil painting with the name of art associates on the back with the name of linnell handwritten on a white label picture is still life in a small vase. looking for info not to sell piece just to perserve knowledge of artwork: please relay any info to emtb_19701@yahoo.com
E-mail: emtb_19701@yahoo.com
posted 9/8/2007 5:23:00 AM by emtb_19701@yahoo.com

I have two oval framed floral still life oil paintings , from 1940''s by Eric Linnell as well. They were purchased at a flea market here on the West Coast, both have labels on the back that read New York Art Associates. We paid a couple of bucks, but they look outstanding. Currently they are on EBay auction, selling for over 10 times that and not finished yet, so value is GOING UP, people!
E-mail: treazurekat@comcast.net
posted 9/14/2007 11:29:00 AM by Treazureman

I have a small hand painted oil of Carl Roth''s that was my grandmothers. The picture is of a path with a few house and fall leaves coming in. Like so many others on here I am looking for more information on Carl Roth and also curious to any value that can be placed to this small oil in the original frame.

Thank you,

Dan
dsmonnett@yahoo.com
E-mail: dsmonnett@yahoo.com
posted 11/6/2007 2:19:00 PM by Dan

I was just dusting 2 small pictures on my wall and decided to look in the back and noticed the same tag that all of you found, hand painted by Eric Linnell.
I dont even remember where I got them from, either my Mom had it, I bought it on ebay close to 12 years ago, or I picked it up at a flea market which I dont frequent often.
When I did a google search, I was surprised to find others searching him out and wondering who he is.
Has anyone learned more about the artist and worth?
E-mail: ruth@reflectionsbyruth.com
posted 1/4/2008 3:05:00 AM by Ruth C. Taylor

I was clearing out my Mom''s home and came across two pictures that had hung in our family homes for years. They both have Linnell''s printed signature on the front and a sticker on the back stating "This is a Genuine Oil Painting painted entirely by hand". The artists name is ERIC LINNELL. The are both floral prints in the original 6" X 7" frames.They were a wedding gift to my parents in 1946.
E-mail: pamela_mcdonough@comcast.net
posted 7/15/2010 10:46:00 AM by pam

This is ironic because my Father too has a Carl Roth handpainted oil painting from Art Associates NYC. Am trying to find out what the current value is...Pops is very curious and wants to know if is garage saling adventures have finally paid off. Anyone that has any info on how I can find this out please feel free to email me laurie_inkansas@yahoo,com.

Thanks to all,
Laurie
E-mail: laurie_inkansas@yahoo.com
posted 9/17/2010 11:41:00 AM by Laurie

I too have two small oil paintings purchased by my parents in mid-40s. Also says "Art ssociates--New York City''". However, the artists name is Auton Roth.
E-mail: dlanod@bellsouth.net
posted 10/2/2010 11:51:00 AM by Donald Craig

i bought a small oli painting at a goodwill store in Bermuda for $4.00 signed by e linnell with label on back art associates new york city no date-any clues?
E-mail: russell@logic.bm
posted 12/18/2010 3:44:00 PM by russell conyers

I also have two E. Linnell paintings from art associates-NYC, bought in Massachuestts yesterday! Little florals. Anyone?
E-mail: sjri@hotmail.com
posted 3/22/2012 11:51:00 AM by Sonya

I have two similar, Art Associates - New York City, small floral paintings, "The artists name is: Mary Clifford." I have located Mary Clifford''s web site and her family responded, "THESE
ARE NOT MY MOTHER''S ART."
E-mail: kim2clm@aol.com
posted 6/10/2012 12:53:00 PM by carol miller

my mother loved the Carl Roth oil painting
with "This is a Genuine etc. " oil painting of a light house in a 6" x 7" frame.
which she inherited whe they moved into an old house they bought.

I too am surprised at many the many owners listed here.
I will keep checking here to see if there
will be any responses
E-mail: hope@optonline.net
posted 12/5/2012 12:07:00 PM by Irene

I have an oil with the same tag on it saying art associates-New York City but the artist name is J.K. Harvey Any Ideas?
E-mail: Nikitasbud@yahoo.com
posted 2/22/2013 11:16:00 PM by paul Jackson

I have found two framed oil paintings which were in my parents'' home. Mom had written a note on the back that they bought them in Quonset Point in 1944. They are signed Linnell and could be Frank''s or Eric''s. She said she had seen the "well known Eastern artist"''s work in New York. I am so excited to find others with the same paintings. I wish I knew what they would be worth.
E-mail: loanladyaz@yahoo.com
posted 4/30/2013 11:27:00 PM by Janet LaPlante